Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Time To Be Thankful

As the holiday season approaches, I cannot help reflecting on the many blessings God has bestowed upon my life. I have a home that is warm and dry, my husband has a job, I have four grown children and six grandkids whom I adore, and I am also blessed with many christian friends both near and far. God is good, and I know I am blessed to live in the beauty of Alaska, and to be an American citizen. While I no longer work for monetary wages, my life is rich and full with the Love of Christ. People who know me are aware that I have physical limitations, yet, God has enabled me to accomplish many important tasks by using the skills and talents He has given me. I thank God for the gifts He has given me, and I pray that I will draw closer to Him and continue to be used by Him in whatever direction He leads. God has enabled me to be part of the Worship Team at our church, and also to be busy with Ladies Ministry including bible study and prayer. I have enjoyed being a part of God's ministry more than I can say. When I step up to do what I feel God wants, the rewards are AMAZING!!! Last week I prayed with a lady at church who has recently retired, but not received medical benefits yet. She had to go to the doctor unexpectedly and was left with a 350.00 bill to pay on an extremely low income. I prayed with this woman, from the heart I cried out to God to take care of this for her, and help her not to worry but to just trust God. A couple of days ago this woman came up to me smiling and said "You will never guess what happened, they wiped out my bill-it is paid!" I was so excited about her news, and since I got to pray with her, I was the first one to hear her Praise-Wow-did I feel Blessed! Yet, at the same time I could not help thinking in the back of my mind, why am I so amazed that God not only answered our prayer, but answered it so quickly. Why is it so easy to have faith for someone else but struggle with believing God's goodness for ourselves. God's word says "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you." John 15:7 NIV I am claiming that promise right now for my life, in the name of Jesus. I want to walk in the hope of Christ and the promise that He has a plan for my life, a plan where He can be glorified. I am determined to keep the joy of Jesus so that others may see His light shining through. This holiday season I pray that I continue to have a heart of Thanksgiving in all things. I thank God that when I want water, all I have to do is turn on a faucet. There are people all over the world that would love to have some of the simple things we experience on a daily basis, yet often take for granted. I thank God for food, heat, a wonderful husband. Being thankful is an attitude of the heart, and an attitude of gratitude can spread like wildfire.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; his Love endures forever." Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment