Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Gift of Music/Seasons in Life I started teaching piano in my home a few years ago after being unable to work outside the home for awhile. I could see God's hand in this plan from the very beginning. First of all I was immediately approved by the city to do the business in my home, secondly I started out with two students that quickly grew to a half dozen and by fall (approx. 6 months later) I had around 20 students. To say that I enjoyed teaching these kids piano would be an understatement. This is probably something I should have been doing my whole life, but I never had the courage to try it before. My love of people and especially young folks made this pure joy most of the time. Seeing these kids gain confidence and appreciation for music as well as overcoming some of their shyness and fear about public performance has been one of the best experiences of my life. When a child hugs you or a parent compliments you and thanks you for teaching their child it is a Big Blessing! These past five years were an amazing season in my life and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity I had to share in the growth of those young people, and befriend many of their parents. My final season in Alaska I had up to 25 students. Leaving them behind was TOUGH, but coming to Nebraska to be with my own family has been amazing. I love being able to spend holidays with my kids and grandchildren, having them over for dinner, or going to a family movie together. New beginnings can be challenging though. Since relocating I have only had 2 piano students, only one regular, and I am considering returning to the workforce outside the home. I am not afraid to say "Prayers are always appreciated" as I seek God's guidance for my new future. I want all "He" has for me, and I want to do it to the best of my ability for "His" glory. I hope to continue teaching music even if it is only a few students, and I also hope to go through whatever door God opens in "His timing" not mine. Feeling Blessed in Nebraska!

No comments:

Post a Comment